Weekend Quickies - Saturday, July 10, 2010

1976 Ford Granada - Remember these cars? Ford actually tried to compare them to a Mercedes-Benz. I'm not kidding. Check out the ad below.

Back in the 1980s I dated a girl who had a 6 cylinder 4 door Granada. I drove it a few times. There was nothing Mercedes-Benz-ish about it.

This car, however, might be fairly entertaining. At least in a straight line. This 1976 Granada has a 302 V8 and a three-speed manual on the floor. The seller says that Ford built less than 200 Granadas configured this way.

The seller calls it a muscle car and, in the awful 1980s definition of a muscle car, that might be true.

This is a two owner car that appears to be in very good condition.

Located in Valley Falls, NY, click here to see the Craigslist listing.

1984 Audi Coupe GT - I think these are undervalued cars. Maybe because they're overshadowed by the similar looking and spectacular performing Coupe Quattro, these cars don't sell for much now.

This car is described as being in "nice shape" with 90,000 miles on it.

The asking price is $1200.00. That's very little money for a unique looking, fun to drive, German engineered coupe.

Located in Landsdale, PA, click here to see the Craigslist ad.

1970 MGB GT - This is a really nice MGB GT. As I mentioned in an earlier post, the older I get the more I appreciate the MGB GT. I had an MGB roadster and liked it a lot, but if I were to buy an MG again, it would most likely be a B GT. There is something very classy looking about the coupe.

This MGB GT has had a lot of work done to it and appears to be in great condition.

Located in Kennett Square, PA, click here to see the Craigslist ad.

1985 Renault 5TL - Supercinq - I featured this car back on February 8. (Click here to see the post) It didn't sell and disappeared from eBay.

It's back, with a sad opening paragraph to the listing. "I imported this excellent little car with the intent to sell, however as no price came anywhere near what it cost me I kept it as it made an ideal town run-around for my wife. Unfortunately my wife passed last week and I can't stand to see it outside our house, so it will be sold to the highest bidder."

This is such a cool car to see in the US. The circumstances suck, but here's some Renault-head's chance to buy a really unique, fun little car for whatever he or she thinks it's worth.

Located in New Orleans, LA, click here to see the eBay listing.