1968 Triumph TR250 - 9100 Original Miles

This is another of those "Huh? How? Why? cars".

How can a 42 year old car have just 9100 miles on it? The seller gives some explanation in his ad:
The first owner purchased the car new, March 22, 1968 from F&P Pontiac Company, Inc. in Morgantown, West Virginia for the sum of $3,414.24 (including tax and licensing fees). The car was garaged in Fairmont, West Virginia until I purchased it. It was driven the summers of 1968 to 1970 before it was put in storage for several years. It appears from the documentation that it was registered in 1993, but the previous owner’s family does not recall the car being driven. The original owner passed away in 1993 and the vehicle remained in storage until I purchased it in the spring of 2001.
I guess that's the difference between me (and many other car geeks I know) and other people. There is no way I would have let this car sit in storage for so long. If it were mine, I'd be driving it everyday from April through September. If the original owner was, say, my uncle, I'd have let an appropriate amount of time pass after his passing (15 minutes seems reasonable) and then I'd have begged my aunt to give it to me, sell it to me or, at least, let me use it often.

The TR250 is the rarest of the Triumph TRs. I wrote a post about one back in December, 2009. You can find it here.

This is a pretty amazing car to look at. Everything about it is original, not restored.

Buying this car poses a dilemma. What do you do with it?

On one hand, it's a car that's fun to drive. It's a car you would want to drive. You'd want to rack up the miles on this car.

On the other hand, how many 9100 mile, all original, TR250s can be left in the world? Probably just this one. It would be really nice to preserve this one for posterity, just so future generations can see what a TR250 looked liked when it left the factory.

I guess if I had the spare cash, I'd buy two. This one to bring to shows and a nicely restored on to drive until it disintegrated.

Located in Stow, MA, click here to see the eBay listing.