1968 Citroën Truckette - Little Truck / Big Bucks

I'll start this off by saying that I don't know enough about the old Citroen market to say whether the asking price for this Citroen is reasonable. As I've written so many times in the past, the goal of this blog is not to sell cars, but to point out interesting, fun, cool, forgotten and / or unique cars. The "little cyber car show", as I like to call it.

Here in the US, cars don't come much more unique or interesting than this. When was the last time you saw one? Have you ever seen one? (I can't recall ever seeing one myself.)

The Truckette was, obviously, based on the 2CV. According to Citroen Concours of America Inc. (which is, in my mind, the definitive website for Citroens in the US) "very few, if any, Truckettes were imported by Citroen". Most were privately imported by enthusiasts.

This Truckette has been restored. It has a new larger engine (602cc vs. the original 435cc), new paint, new tires, brakes, etc. It appears to be as nice of a Citroen Truckette as you'll find in the US.

During its 42 year run, Citroen built almost 9,000,000 2CVs (of all varieties). Parts are easy to come.

This is a Craigslist ad and has only 4 pictures. The vehicle is being offered at top dollar. As I said in the opening, I don't know enough about Citroen prices to say if the $20K asking price is realistic, but, as my dad used to say, "you get what you pay for", and in this case you may be getting the nicest Truckette in the US.

Located in Oakland, CA, click here to see the Craigslist ad.

In the spirit of full disclosure and all that type of stuff, the link to this Truckette was sent to me by JaCG reader, Peter, who knows the people who are selling it. He wrote "These folks are as honest as the day is long and their Truckette is immaculate". I based some of my description on what he wrote in his e-mail.