Weekend Quickies - Saturday, January 29, 2011

1972 Detomaso Pantera - It's probably been well over 30 years since something like this was a relatively common sight; a Detomaso Pantera sitting on a used car lot. But that's where this one is, complete with a price and writing on the windshield.

This is not my favorite color on a Pantera (or any car), but it looks to be in great condition.

Located at M&F Auto Sales in Albuquerque, NM, click here to see the ad.

1989 Peugeot 505 Turbo - The 505 Turbo is an under appreciated car in the US. It's luxurious, fast, and, with routine maintenance, reliable. Peugeot, unfortunately, did just about everything wrong when it came to marketing (all) their cars here. Most people have no idea how good these cars are, if they even know what a Peugeot is at all.

This is a restored 5 speed Turbo.

If I had the spare time and money, I'd fly out to CA and buy this car. Then, just for the shear pleasure of it, I'd drive it back to New England, where I live.

Located in Palo Alto, CA, click here to see the Craigslist ad.

1982 Dodge Rampage - When was the last time you saw one of these? Little car-based pick up trucks looked like they were going to be all the rage for awhile. VW had one, Subaru had the BRAT, and Chrysler had this. They never really caught on. Slow, small pick ups with limited cargo capacity wasn't what the pubic wanted.

I used to laugh at these when I saw them. But, I now find myself looking at this one and thinking "Hmmm, with a good cleaning and buffing and a set of tasteful aftermarket wheels, this might be a pretty cool car / truck to own." (Maybe I shouldn't have had that drink with dinner.)

Located in Clermont, FL, click here to see the eBay listing.

....

I haven't posted a video in awhile. My friend Jeff sent this to me. This is incredible (and inspiring).

"Intimidator" from Jim Quattrocki on Vimeo.