1957 AC Aceca - Rare And In Need Of A Lot Of Work...

This is not going to be cheap to buy or cheap to repair. But, it's so rare and so cool I had to post it.

The Aceca was produced from 1954 - 1963. It is one of the earliest examples of a hatchback. It's based on the AC Ace, which went on to become the AC / Shelby Cobra.

Three engines were available in the Aceca; a 90 HP AC engine, which was designed in 1919, a 125 HP Bristol engine and, towards the end of its run, a Ford 2553cc engine. All were straight sixes. 151 were built with the AC engine, 169 with the Bristol engine and 8 were built with the Ford engine.

I'd be lying of I told you that I know a lot about the Aceca engines, but from what little info I can gather, this car has the AC engine in it. (Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.)

This car has been off the road since 1966, and it's pretty obvious why. The seller says the damage stops before the radiator and the suspension is undamaged. He also says the engine turns, but the brakes are "sticky". (Which I find kind of amusing. I mean, after redoing the body, the interior and probably the engine, would you really not do the brakes, whether they were "sticky" or not? It seems like such a minor thing to mention about a car that needs as much works as this one does.)

The great thing about this car is that it will be restored. Someone with the money, time and / or talent will take it on. A car that hasn't moved on its own in 45 years will be at shows for all of us to see.

Located in Camarillo, CA, click here to see the eBay listing.