Weekend Quickies - Saturday, February 12, 2011

1967 Pontiac Firebird "400" Convertible - When GM told John DeLorean that Pontaic was going to have to build a version of the Camaro, DeLorean supposedly told GM "Fine", but it wasn't going to be "another Camaro with a split grille". And they weren't.

What really set the Firebird apart from the Camaro were the 400 engines, taken from the GTO. With this engine the Firebird hit 60 in just over 6 seconds. Pretty impressive for 1967.

If I had the spare cash, I'd buy this in a heartbeat.

Located in Millersville, MD, click here to see the Craigslist ad.

1991 Dodge Spirit R/T - Last week I posted a Taurus SHO. That car is a sleeper. But, I think if you put 100 car geeks in a room and asked them about a Taurus SHO, the vast majority would know what it is and what it's capable of.

Ask those same 100 cars geeks about a Dodge Spirit R/T and I bet you'd see a lot of blank stares. This is a car few people know about.

In 1991 this was the fastest 4 door sedan sold in America. Really.

I wrote a post (with some details) about another Spirit R/T back in September 2010. You can find it here.

This car needs some restoration, but is in good mechanical condition.

Located in Lafayette, LA, click here to see the eBay listing.

A big thanks to "Tamerlane" for sending me the link to this car.

1957 Fiat Tow Truck - This is great! Even though this is a Weekend Quickie car, it deserves more than 1 picture.

I have never seen one of these before.

There's not a lot I can write about this as I know nothing about it.

What I do know is that I'd love to own it.

Located in West LA, CA, click here to see the Craigslist ad.

A huge thanks to Jon for sending me the link to this truck!