1965 Iso Rivolta GT IR 300

As you've probably figured out - by the fact that I post just about every one I see - I like these cars. A lot.

What's not to like? It has a beautiful Giorgetto Giugiaro designed body and a big Chevy V8 under the hood. The interior is luxurious, with one of the nicest dashboards you'll ever see in a GT car. Weighing just 2800 lbs, the V8 brings the car to 60 MPH in just 6.5 seconds. The chassis and suspension were very advanced for the day and the car handles well.

This is one of the nicest IR 300s I've seen. The seller bought in in August, 2010, did a significant amount of work to it and is now selling it. He also owns an Iso Grifo. The body looks perfect and the interior has the look of a car that was enjoyed, but well taken care of.

The Iso Rivolta is a car that for many years was ignored by collectors. My personal opinion is that had more to do with it not being "pure" Italian, rather than any issue with the car. The Chevy engine, Borg Warner transmission and Jaguar differential and brakes were looked down on by Italian car snobs.

That's not the case anymore. As people start to realize how good these cars are (not to mention how beautiful they are) the prices are starting to climb. As I've said many times before, I am in no way qualified to predict the future prices of cars, but in my opinion this is a car you could by today, drive and show for many years and, if you decide to sell it, get at least all your money back, if not turn a profit.

Last month I featured an Iso that I called a "driver". It was far from perfect, but very usable. It was bid up to $19,000.00, but didn't meet the reserve. This car, with 8 days still left in the auction, is already up to $21,100.00. It will be interesting to see what this car sells for. (Personally, I'd love to own both of them. I'd use the first one as an everyday driver - which wouldn't be too tough to do with the US and British drivetrain - and this one as a show car.)

Located in San Jose, CA, click here to see the eBay listing.