Weekend Quickies - Saturday, February 19, 2011

1962 Corvair Monza Station Wagon - In last week's "Quickies", I posted a 1969 Corvair and stated it was "one of the nicest unrestored Corvairs I have ever seen."

To my list of "nicest unrestored Corvairs I have ever seen", I now add this one.

The Monza station wagon is one of the rarest Corvairs. It was built for just one year, 1962, and just 2300 were built.

As the seller states, "You can always restore anything, you get original only once." This is an amazing original car.

Located in Camp Verde, AZ, click here to see the eBay listing.

1960 Morris Minor Pick Up - Just about every other pick up truck ever built was more practical than this, but none ever looked as cool.

This MM has a 1275cc A Series engine in it. The seller is offering a Datsun 1500cc engine and 5 speed transmission with it. That's a pretty common transplant, but I hope the new owner keeps this truck all British.

Located in San Luis Obispo, CA, click here to see the Craigslist ad.

A big thanks to Jon for sending me the link to this Morris.

1994 Ford F350 Centurion Econoline Cruiser -Speaking of odd pick up trucks... This, as far as I can tell, was made by a company called Centurian-Lehman. It's half Econoline van, half pick up truck. It has a 6.9 liter turbo diesel in it. It's capable of hauling 3000 lbs. The back seat can be turned into a bed.

No one seems to be sure how many were built (the factory, along with the build records, was destroyed in a fire), but it wasn't many.

I have no idea why, but I really like this thing. It would be pretty cool to tow an SCCA race car with, or something like that.

Located in South King County, WA, click here to see the Craigslist ad.

A big thanks to JaCG reader, Rose, for sending me the link to this truck!

1963 Sabra - The Sabra was built in Haifa, Israel, by a company called Autocars Company, Ltd. It's essentially a British car. (In fact, Reliant, who did most of the developmental work, built the first 100 cars and sold them as Reliant Sabres.)

The engine was a 64 HP Ford Consul 1.7 liter 4. The car weighed just 1770 lbs and top speed was 100 MPH.

The huge bumperettes are the focal point of the car and are a matter of personal taste, I guess.

The seller claims that just 41 were sent to the US, but I've seen a few other sites that mention 100 or so made their way here.

Offered by the Deezer Collection in North Miami, FL, click here to see their ad.

A big thanks to JaCG reader, Ric, for sending me the link to this car!