1991 Alfa Romeo Spider V-8

I'm a a bit of a purist, I guess. I am not a huge fan of engine swaps. I am especially not a fan of taking an engine from "Brand A" and dropping it into a car made by "Brand B". But every now and then I see one that is so well engineered and so outrageous, I can't help but to be impressed. This is one of those cars.

This is a 1991 Alfa Romeo Spider with a Ford 302 V-8 in it. The man who built this car is a retired General Motors Senior Engineer. He put his engineering skills to work with this car. The amount of work he did to make it "right" is incredible.

The car is not set up to be "an all-out drag racer". The seller says "With the relatively mild engine, power steering, power brakes, and an easy clutch, it can be driven like a Honda Civic. I take it to the grocery store and hardware store all the time."

I could write more about this car, but all the info you need is in the seller's ad and on a very interesting, very informative Alfa BB thread. (Which you can find here.)

I loved my Alfa Spiders. I loved the 4 cylinder engine that came with them. But, if I had the money for another toy, I'd buy this car in a heartbeat. It's completely outrageous and very well done.

Located in Phoenix, AZ, click here to see the eBay listing.

A big thanks to Jeff for sending me the link to this car!