Weekend Quickies - Sunday, April 10, 2011 - Follow Ups

I thought I'd do something a little different today. I've always said that I don't write Just A Car Geek to sell cars. I just write it to point out interesting / cool / odd / fascinating cars. But, people do buy cars that I've posted. Sometimes they see the car for the first time on JaCG and sometimes they see the JaCG post after they've purchased the car.

Every now and then I'll get an email or see something in the comments section about a car a JaCG reader purchased. Here are a few recent ones...

1962 Rover P5 4 Door Coupé - Original post. Trevor has purchased two cars featured on JaCG. He also bought the Isuzu Bellel I featured back in July, 2009.

"JACG will be surprised that after finding his blog once I bought the Isuzu Bellel, I also bought the Rover P5."

"The P5 is about the condition from the pictures. And is about 95-98% there. But I've barely had time to look over it. The body is shot, but that's to be expected; the leather will have to be replaced, an I have no idea about the mechanical parts (they seem to all be there, even the crank)."


You can visit Trevor's Flickr page to see a few more pictures of the Rover and the Isuzu.
...

1959 Fiat 1100 Station Wagon - Original post.

"I have this car I purchased it for$200.00 and cost me around 400.00 to tow it back to Illinois. It is being restored. The interior was missing the rear fold-down seat,the engine that was out of the car was not the correct fiat 1100 engine, a rebuilt 1400cc dohc will be installed restored, body work has been completed I probably won't do Ferrari red but something closer the to original colors this car will live again, George"
...

1986 (Austin) Maestro Vanden Plas - Original post. Not much info here. Can anyone help him out?

I just bought this car and wanted to know if any of you know where i can get parts? thanks for all your help.
...

1967 Fiat 500 Limo - Original post. We still don't know who bought this car, but JaCG reader, Keith, sent some history...

"Honest to god, Herve Villechaize aka Fantasy Island, used/owned this Fiat 500 limo, it was auctioned off either by the studio or by the estate of Mr.Villechaize many years ago, after he commited suicide with a rather large hand gun. The car was last seen in Norco,CA in the 1990s era. I have a color picture of what it looked like when I saw it in Norco, resplendent with gold plated hub caps no less."

That picture is below...

There are many more stories like these on the site, but I could only get through about 500 comments before my eyes started to glaze. I'll post other "follow ups" as I find them.