Sporadic Posts For The Next Week

For the next week or so the posts may be a little shorter than usual and a little sporadic. I'm moving my business into a new space at the end of the month (This Saturday).

Here's a little bit about me (I'm demystifying myself here)... I own a record store. Yep, a real live, still surviving, record store. I've owned it for 28 years. It's pretty much all I've ever done. In the 1990s I spent a 6 years as Program Director and afternoon drive guy at a commercial radio station. In 2004 and 2005 I had a small record label, but that went bust after Tower Records went bankrupt and stuck me for a bunch of money. (Thank you, Russ Solomon.) But, even while doing those two things, I kept my record store.

In the late 1980s it became a CD store, records were passe. But, much to my utter amazement, records, actual vinyl records, started to make a comeback 5 or 6 years ago. They now account for 75% of my business.

I've never been involved the the automobile business.

So why am I telling you this? First of all, as the popularity of this blog grows, I'm getting a lot of e-mails asking me if I make money off the cars I write about. I don't. I've also been asked to write about a car or two for a fee. I haven't. So far, I haven't made a dime from this blog. (Although if someone wants to buy an ad, there's plenty of space along the side for me to run it.)

Secondly, moving a record store is a monumental task. If you're a over 40, you might remember what it was like to move 100 or so records from house to house or from your home to college and back again. It was work. Those suckers are heavy. Imagine what it's like to move 100 times that amount, along with 1000 or so CDs, fixtures and all the crap I've accumulated in the past 28 years. It's going to take a ton of time. Time that I would usually spend on this blog.

So, while I'll post a few things as I get some time, I thought I'd mention a few "lesser known" (meaning not as well known as Jalopnik or Bring a Trailer, which I assume everyone reads) blogs that I enjoy:

Rusty But Trusty

Tamerlane's Thoughts

Barnfinder!

JustaCarGal
(No relation. Just a similar name to mine.)

By The Numbers

1A Auto Blog
(A little tough to navigate, but worth the effort.)

Inzane240 (Chronicles the restoration of a 240Z)

If you haven't read them before, they are well worth checking out. I should be back into the Just a Car Geek "groove" in a week or so.